Wednesday, November 4, 2009

1st day as a nanny/babysitter/au pair

My new job basically consists of picking up four kids, taking them home and entertaining them before their parents get home from work.

It's a bit strange just hanging out with four kids (who are nonetheless strangers) and having them in my car (having company in my car is strange enough and menos kids).

Today I picked up Chloe from her school at 2:30pm and thank God her mom left a car seat for me to put her in my car (whew) so I took the little girl into my car and it was soo weirddd but whatev.

Then I went about to pick up the boys from their school and then their other sister at hers. The strange thing about having kids in school is the after school car lines. They are mother effing huge! The system to keep these cars in an orderly fashion must be some other sort of politics I never even realized...

Afterwards I take the kiddos home and make sure they snack and do their homework, which Sydney was good about but Joshua and Gavin needed motivation to complete it. I was actually surprised I could handle these kids and come up with ways to psychologically control them.

And with my new shoes I look damned good doing so as well ;) I have to look good for Chloe because she's little miss fashionista hahahaha

2 comments: