Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break - edit*

original post:
It wasn't stimulating enough to comment about.


Ready for some work already.

edit:
ok ok, Spring Break wasn't the epic episode I was hoping for but given the fact that I didn't plan it was a great factor of why it wasn't great. There were other personal reasons from my company, but I'll skip that.

During Spring Break in Austin is when the music part of SXSW is happening. Meaning there's lots of free shows one can go to especially if one is over 21. My friends and I only got a little taste of it when we went in to some bar on 6th street in which this little band was finishing their set. They were really good. We (myself, Israel and Vero) walked around and saw a lot. This was Thursday, the only day we invested for SXSW. but wait, I got sick. motherfucked. I just had to get my hxdcore period pains that I get only once in a long while. DAMN. It was severe with the shakes and hot flashes. So we had to take the bus back to Riverside and miss the Auditorium Shores fest Jeremy had mentioned. ugh! I didn't ask him to teach me tango for nothin'! I wanted to get down!

The day preceding, the whole lot including Ben, went to the Blanton Museum mainly for Vero's homework assignment. We all got there awkwardly but myself the most cos I had to share a bike with Jeremy. The place was nice and I got to see some nice Byzantine and Baroque pieces (both of which give me chillz). After that we ditched Jeremy cos there were only 4 bikes and 5 kids. I got to experience the thrill of riding in the city on the streets with the cars (and it was a good workout up those hillz man!) Vero and I had YUMMY salmon noodle bowls from Zen and Amy's icecream Ben owed us. pretty divine. We rode back and were so tired that we didn't do anything that night but learn tango.

So basically Austin was way too chill, but whatevs. I spent time with that extended family and I loved and hated it :)

I spent the weekend in the valley and after bitchin' all day about spending 11 hours at the livestock show wiff the goats, trying to get converted and eating some delish toasty nuts it was all worth it getting to see my lil sis rassle a piggie to the the floor and winning $125 which contributes to an animal she can show for next year! OMG the drama! So cute! More goats! Hopefully she gets a buckle next time!

Now it's over and done and I'm ready for some school... but not work :/ Need a new job!


Line up for NATS yo!





and Alleluia by Ned Rorem which can't be found anywhere!

2 comments: