Monday, September 6, 2010

story for audition

Today there is an audition for the Arabian Nights at the Vexler Theatre where Karl works. The coolest thing about the audition is that I only have to tell a story about something in my life. Makes sense because the Arabian Nights was passed down through the generations orally.

here it goes:

At the age of 5 when my vocabulary and the awareness of my surroundings grew, I noticed that my older brother did not look like me, or the rest of the family. My mum was fair and my dad was dark, but I felt like I looked like my dad a lot. When my dad was watching TV one day I bluntly asked, "Dad, is Rodney adopted?" He looked at me for a bit with no expression, and simply stated "Yea." "Oh ok", I said thinking that was all. Then he went, "Oh, and so are you." Freeze. What?! I thought about it for a second and simply dismissed it. Through out most of my youth I kept it a secret because a very small percentage of me found it to be kind of shameful. But eventually I told anyone who asked because it wasn't a big deal. When I was 18, I met my biological mom for the first time as well as some cousins and my aunt and grandma. It was pretty special... :)

it'll be something along the lines of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment